COVID 19 State Restrictions
Today, Governor Walz announced new state restrictions to control the explosive spread of COVID 19. The following restrictions take effect on Friday, November 20 at 11:59 p.m.
- Bars and restaurants must close in-person food and drink service, both indoor and outdoor. Take-out, curbside, and delivery may continue.
- Minneapolis businesses with curbside pickup zone can continue using those spaces. Businesses who do not have a curbside pickup zone can request one.
- The following facility types must be closed.
- Gyms and other fitness facilities, public pools, including facilities within housing complexes.
- Recreation and entertainment facilities, such as bowling alleys, theaters, movie theaters, museums, arcades, etc.
- Other venues providing indoor or outdoor events, such as festivals or fairs. Drive-in events may continue.
- No wedding receptions or gatherings after funerals will be allowed. Weddings, funerals and church services will be able to continue.
- No changes are being made to retail, personal services (e.g. salons and barbershops), schools, or places of worship.
These closures will be in effect from Friday, November 20 through Friday, December 18.
See staysafemn.gov for more details
Minneapolis businesses can contact the Small Business Team at SmallBusiness@minneapolismn.
Resources for Minneapolis businesses
Grants for Restaurants and Bars
Hennepin County as approved $8 million in CARES Act funding to be used for grants to restaurants and bars. Eligible businesses must:
- Be locally owned and operated
- Have fewer than 100 employees
- Collect less than $6 million in annual revenue
The maximum grant will be $15,000. Applications open on Monday, November 23 at noon.