- This event has passed.
2020 Census Neighborhood Gathering
June 25, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Joins us for an update on the 2020 Census
The City of Minneapolis is committed to ensuring a fair, complete and accurate census count. Come and learn about the changes to the 2020 Census and what actions neighborhoods can take to ensure their community members are counted.
Learn more about the City’s We Count 2020 Census campaign.
Census data are in many ways in our neighborhoods. Here’s some examples:
- Distribution of more than $800 billion annually in federal funds to tribal, state and local governments.
- Forecasting future transportation needs for all segments of the population.
- Attracting new businesses to state and local areas.
- Establinshing fair market rents and enforcing fair lending practices.
- Drawing school district boundaries.
- Reapportioning seats in the House of Representatives.
- Planning urban land use.