- This event has passed.
Gateway Park / Riverfront Connection Visioning at IDS Crystal Court
April 2, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Location: IDS Crystal Court, 80 S 8th Street
Intersections: The Downtown 2025 Plan sets a goal to showcase the Mississippi Riverfront as a world class destination. The mpls downtown council and Green Minneapolis join the Minnesota Design Center in envisioning a revitalized mixed-use Post Office site and linear park connecting the Central Business District to the riverfront.
We invite you to attend the unveiling of a model created by students from the University of Minnesota’s College of Design that brings to life the potential for transforming seven acres of riverfront land and one of the best examples of art deco architecture in the city. View images of the Gateway linear park designed to create a vibrant pedestrian connection between Nicollet Mall and the riverfront, and learn about the historic, cultural, recreational and economic benefits of redeveloping the Post Office site in to a must-see downtown destination.
- Jacob Frey, Mayor, City of Minneapolis
- David Wilson, Senior Managing Director, Accenture & Chair of Green Minneapolis
- Tom Fisher, Dayton Hudson Land Grant Chair in Urban Design and Director, Minnesota Design Center
- Rich Varda, Design Principal, RSP Architects
- Tim Griffin, Senior Research Fellow, Minnesota Design Center
- Steve Cramer, President & CEO, mpls downtown council & Downtown Improvement District