NLNA Avivo Village Good Neighbor Working Group
April 26 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
7-7:15 Welcome, Introductions
7:20 Avivo Village Overview & Updates – Avivo
7:30 Recap of the Good Neighbor Agreement-NLNA
7:35 Q & A
7:50 Next steps
What is Avivo Village?
Avivo Village is an interior, tiny home community located at 1251 North Washington in the North Loop. It is designed to be a dignified, safe, and COVID-aware alternative to outdoor encampments. It is a low-barrier shelter that operates as a transitional housing model. It’s open to adults who are experiencing unsheltered homelessness in Minneapolis and Hennepin County. One hundred adults will live at Avivo Village at any given time. It offers dignity and essential services, like substance use disorder treatment, mental health therapy, medical care, and pathways to overall well-being. Residents begin to discover next steps for permanent supportive housing, obtain employment, and receive healthy living supports.
Avivo Village also houses service providers, case managers, and security services. The approach is culturally-responsive, low-barrier, and trauma-informed. Avivo staff and security are on site, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We coordinate whatever wrap-around services are needed for residents to be successful in living at Avivo Village and be successful in moving out into permanent housing.
What is the Good Neighbor Agreement and Working group?
The Good Neighbor Agreement and the Working group seeks to achieve the following goals related to the relationship of Avivo Village and the North Loop Neighborhood:
- Initiate and maintain open and transparent communications and understanding among the parties to be proactive and ready to respond if concerns arise.
- Develop clear expectations and procedures for resolving problems.
- Enhance neighborhood safety and livability and promote access to services.
- Foster positive relationships between the guests of Avivo Village and other community members.
- Reduce livability concerns and the fear of livability concerns in the neighborhood.