Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board selects 2017 officers, committees and representatives
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) held its annual meeting Tuesday, Jan. 3 to elect officers for 2017. Commissioners re-elected Anita Tabb as President and John Erwin as Vice President.
The Board also elected Deputy Superintendent Jennifer Ringold to serve as Secretary to the Board and Attorney Brian Rice and firm Rice, Michels, and Walther, LLP as General Counsel.
President Tabb appointed the following Commissioners to serve on Standing Committees of the Board (one-year terms):
- Administration and Finance Committee – Chair Scott Vreeland, Vice Chair Liz Wielinski, John Erwin, Steffanie Musich, Jon Olson
- Recreation Committee –Chair Steffanie Musich, Vice Chair John Erwin, Brad Bourn, Jon Olson, Liz Wielinski
- Planning Committee – Chair Meg Forney, Vice Chair John Erwin, Brad Bourn, Steffanie Musich, Annie Young
- Operations and Environment Committee – Chair Liz Wielinski, Vice Chair Scott Vreeland, John Erwin, Steffanie Musich, Annie Young
- Legislation and Intergovernmental Committee – Chair Jon Olson, Vice Chair Liz Wielinski, Brad Bourn, Meg Forney, Scott Vreeland
- Standards and Conduct Committee – Chair John Erwin, Vice Chair Scott Vreeland, Meg Forney, Jon Olson, Annie Young
MPRB Commissioners, nine citizens and Superintendent Jayne Miller were appointed to serve on the following external boards, commissions and panels. All commissioner and staff terms are one-year terms unless otherwise noted. Citizen appointments were limited to six months (unless otherwise noted) as the MPRB works to recruit more diverse candidates to serve in these roles.
- Planning Commission (in second year of two-year term) – Scott Vreeland
- Board of Estimate and Taxation – Anita Tabb
- Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission (through July 2017) – Maleta Kimmons (citizen appointment)
- St. Anthony Falls Heritage Board – Scott Vreeland, Anita Tabb, Ted Tucker (citizen appointment), Liz Wielinski, Jayne Miller
- Youth Coordinating Board – Steffanie Musich
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts Board – Anita Tabb
- Mississippi Watershed Management Organization – Scott Vreeland, Liz Wielinski (alternate)
- John H. Stevens House Organization – Steffanie Musich
- Minneapolis Parks Foundation – Meg Forney
- Minneapolis Tree Advisory Committee – Steffanie Musich, Peggy Booth (citizen appointment – District 1), John Buck (citizen appointment – District 2), Jeanne LaBore (citizen appointment – District 3 and 5), Don Willeke (citizen appointment – District 4 and 6), citizen appointment – At Large is vacant
- Minneapolis Riverfront Partnership –Meg Forney, Scott Vreeland, Anita Tabb
- Minneapolis DID Greening Design & Infrastructure Committee – John Erwin
- Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee – Janice Gepner (citizen appointment through November 2018), Joshua Houdek (citizen appointment), one citizen appointment is vacant
- Southwest LRT Community Works Steering Committee – Anita Tabb, Meg Forney (alternate)
- Bottineau Light Rail Line Committee –Meg Forney, Jon Olson (alternate)
- Neighborhood Revitalization Program Board – Liz Wielinski
- HomeGrown Minneapolis Food Council (two-year term) – Miguel Goebel (citizen appointment through Dec. 2018)
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board typically meets at 5 pm every first and third Wednesday of each month for regular meetings. Board meetings are broadcast live from 5-9 pmon the Minneapolis Government Meeting Channel 14 and online on the Channel 14 website.
Meeting agendas and related information are typically posted at http://minneapolisparksmn.iqm2.com/ the Friday preceding each Wednesday Board meeting.