Election Judges Needed!
Minneapolis needs you! Work in one of the city’s 132 polling place on Election Day helping voters cast their ballots, and get paid $14.00 an hour or more for your service (up to $15.75 as of July 1).
You have choices regarding when and how you serve as an election judge, including:
- Request a polling place close to where you live or let us know if you’re open to working anywhere in the City.
- Work part of the day or the full day.
- Choose a paid three-hour training session before you serve that fits your schedule.
Returning Election Judges, visit our election worker portal to let us know you are interested in working again and to update your profile.
Next Election: Primary Aug. 14, General Nov. 6
REQUIREMENTS TO BE AN ELECTION JUDGE
- Must be eligible to vote in Minnesota
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must complete mandatory election judge training
- Must not be the spouse, parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, sibling, or stepsibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct or of any candidate in that election
- Must not live, either permanently or temporarily, with any candidate on the ballot at that election
- Must not be a candidate in the election
City of Minneapolis requirements
- Strong understanding of and commitment to nonpartisanship
- Able to communicate clearly with voters
- Enjoy assisting and serving diverse populations
- Available to work long hours on Election Day
- Handle stressful situations calmly and professionally
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Work as a team member and follow directions
- Comfortable using technology
Fluency in Somali, Spanish, Hmong, Oromo, and/or American Sign Language is desired.
The Primary is August 14, and the General is on November 6. Elections judges are paid (up to $15.75 as of July 1), and receive paid training. Training has already begun and runs through early August. There are full day shifts (6am-close), or half day shifts (6am-2pm, or 2pm-close).
Anyone interested can call us here at 612-673-3136, or by applying on our website at http://vote.minneapolismn.gov/judges/APPLICATION