- This event has passed.
Public Hearing: American Rescue Plan Act Federal Funding
June 16, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
The City Council has begun considering the Mayor’s proposal for the first round of funding from the American Rescue Plan Act. We’re trying to balance the urgent need to get these funds working people with the need for deliberation, engagement and transparency, and as a result, none of us get as much time as we would normally like to examine and assess the Mayor’s proposal
The City Council’s Committee of the Whole will hold an online public hearing at 6:05pm on Wednesday, June 16th on the first round of federal funding awarded to the City of Minneapolis through the passage of the American Rescue Plan Act.
This public hearing is the only formal opportunity the public has in making its voice heard on the first round of the American Rescue Plan Act funding.
The proposed schedule for approving funding is:
- Committee of the Whole reviewed proposed spending plan on June 9th (Video Available)
- Committee of the Whole Public Hearing to have public participation in the use of these funds on Wednesday, June 16th at 6:05pm
- Committee of the Whole scheduled to consider amendments to the spending plan based on Council inquiry and public feedback on Wednesday, June 23rd at 10am
- City Council to take final action on the plan the morning of Friday, July 2nd
The Mayor has outlined his plan for the first round of federal funding. You should explore the $89 million proposal in its separate sections here:
- Housing & Homelessness
- Economic Rebuilding
- Public Safety
- Climate & Public Health
- City Capacity & Performance
For an in-depth look at all of the proposals, explore here.
Event: 6:05pm | Wednesday, June 16th at City Council’s Committee of the Whole