- This event has passed.
July 24, 2021 @ 10:00 pm - 10:30 pmFree
The Aquatennial is back in 2021! And while most spectators will crowd into the Mill District and St. Anthony Main areas to see the fireworks, we typically have a nice, less-congested vantage point here in the North Loop–along West River Parkway near the playground. The view WILL be a bit different this year, since the fireworks won’t be launched from the 3rd Avenue Bridge during construction, but you should still get a nice glimpse of the show here.
From the Aquatennial website: We can’t wait to see you this year at the Target Fireworks! Join us Saturday, July 24, 2021 and enjoy one of the top five annual fireworks displays in the country. The fireworks begin at 10 pm. The Target Fireworks are a fully choreographed pyro-musical that times each firework pop to the beat of its soundtrack all the way down to 1/100th of a second. Enjoy this spectacular event along the Mississippi Riverfront on West River Parkway between the Guthrie Theater and Third Avenue.
Target Fireworks Fast Facts
- Typically uses more than 10,000 pounds of fireworks
- The Choreography process for the Target Fireworks takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours of design time per minute of total show duration
- One of the top five largest fireworks show in the country
- Draws around 250,000 spectators to Downtown Minneapolis
- Come early to find a spot along the river—bring sunscreen for the afternoon and bug spray for the evening. It’s worth it to see a fantastic show!
- One of the best vantage points to take in the show is on the west side of the Mississippi River, along West River Parkway near Portland Avenue.
- Zambelli Fireworks is a full service fireworks display and pyrotechnics company.
- Since 1893 Zambelli Fireworks has been shooting over 2,300 displays annually