Help Draft Engagement and Neighborhood Policy
Currently, NCR is seeking volunteers for Neighborhoods 2020 work groups. The anticipated time commitment is approximately 6 hours per month from July –November 2018. Workgroups will be made up of diverse stakeholder groups.
What Work Groups Do
Neighborhoods 2020 work teams will compile recommendations for the Minneapolis City Council that envision the next phase of Minneapolis’ neighborhood programming. The revised programming should reflect changes in the city’s population diversity and demographics. The work teams will also look at advisory board structure and city-wide engagement policy.
From July to September, groups will develop policy, and from September through November, they will solicit public comment on their drafts. The work team will include the following three work groups:
- Program Guidelines, Funding and Implementation (16 voting members)
- Governance Advisory Structure for Neighborhood and Community Engagement (17 voting members)
- Citywide Community Engagement Policy (16 voting members)
Meeting times will be set according to the availability of work team members. The time commitment is estimated as 6 hours per month
Welcome Steve Gallagher, NCR Policy Specialist and Neighborhoods 2020 Lead
NCR has hired Steve Gallagher as the new NCR Policy Specialist. He begins full-time with us on Monday, June 18th. Steve will be leading the Neighborhoods 2020 project and can be reached at 612-673-2905 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of you may know Steve as the former Executive Director of Stevens Square Community Organization (SSCO). He has led many successful initiatives and brings a wealth of knowledge on non-profit management, government and community engagement. We are thrilled to have him as part of our team.
- The work group selection committee will meet the week of June 25th to determine who will be on the work groups.
- The City Council President, Mayor, NCEC and NRP Policy board will be appointing their representatives before the end of June.
- A professional trainer, facilitator and note taker will be hired.
- There will be a kick-off meeting and training mid-July for all participants.
- Work groups will determine their meeting schedule for July through September.
- NCR and the facilitator will assist work groups in determining benchmarks, outcomes, and an outreach strategy for their work.
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact (add your information here including: department, contact person, phone and email).
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-673-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.