Historic North Loop

For more than 50 years, mouth-watering chocolates and other sweets rolled off the production lines of this candy factory at 900 North 3rd Street. Built by the Gurley Candy Company of...

In its first 100 years, the old warehouse at 411 North Washington advanced from the horse and buggy era to cyberspace, giving a boost to both. Built in 1913, it was...

The Kildall Fish Company of Minneapolis billed itself as the “world’s largest ludefisk producers.” (Today, the word is more commonly spelled lutefisk). Founded by Norwegian immigrant Joseph Kildall, the company imported...

Now known as the Designers Guild building, this L-shaped former warehouse at 401 N 3rd Street is one of many in the North Loop originally used to distribute wagons, buggies...

Subscribe to our Newsletter