- This event has passed.
Litter Be Gone: October 1-10
October 1, 2020
Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day by taking a pledge to help clean up litter in Minneapolis during Litter Be Gone, October 1-10, 2020.
Help us spread the word and get your nieghbors to join in Litter Be Gone, October 1-10, 2020.
As Litter Be Gone kicks off today, we want to share a few reminders and tips:
- You can easily participate using your own gloves and bags. Pick up litter anytime between Oct. 1-10.
- If you want to pick up free gloves, bags, and drink coupons (while supplies last), you can visit one of our 15 supply hubs on Saturday, October 3 (9 am-1pm). We thank our neighborhood hosts for their support!
- Please review our safety tips and what items not to pick up before heading out.
- Remember to report your results using our online form (and earn a free Chinook Book subscription!)
- Share photos on social media @LitterBeGoneMN #cleanMpls (or email us to be added to our photo gallery).
Have fun, be safe, and follow social distancing guidelines. We can’t wait to see the photos and results start rolling in!
–The Litter Be Gone Team
P.S. Keeping your storm drains clean is another great way to help protect our waterways year-round! Find out more from our co-sponsor Adopt-a-Drain.——-
Litter Be Gone is coordinated by the Alliance for Sustainability in partnership with the City of Minneapolis and its Clean City initiative.