- This event has passed.
North Loop Service Saturday
October 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join your neighbors for our monthly Service Saturday – helping keep our neighborhood the best of the best!
The new item this month is the Tree Census, where you can help determine where the Park Board will plant dozens more trees in the North Loop.
Here’s the schedule:
9:00 Litter Pickup — Meet outside Corner Coffee, 514 North 3rd Street. We’ll provide the bags and gloves, and you’ll pick a part of the neighborhood to clear away some of that stray litter.
10:00 Park Clearing — Meet near the playground at James I Rice Park, West River Parkway and 4th Avenue North. We’ll provide gloves and tools and steer you toward some invasive vines that need to come down as well as other cleanup tasks along the river.
10:00-noon Voter Registration — If you know someone who hasn’t registered to vote yet, get them to the playground at James I Rice Park. We’ll get them all signed up and ready to take part in this very important election.
11:00 Tree Census — Meet at Corner Coffee, 514 North 3rd Street, where you’ll get easy instruction on how to use a texting platform on your phone to notify the Park Board of open spots where trees could be planted as well as spots where trees have died and need to be replaced.
North Loop Service Saturdays are held on the 2nd Saturday of the month, and include a variety of activities depending on time of year and what the needs are.
Here are some of the activities that have been part of our Service Saturdays:
- Trash Pickup (every month, plus weeks inbetween)
- James Rice Park Cleanup (clearing brush, weeds and tree branches; mowing; and general beautification)
- Welcome Park Maintenance (weeding, mowing, pruning)
- Donations Drives (depending on the need – including critical supplies for our North Minneapolis neighbors following George Floyd’s murder, supplies for teens and young adults at YouthLink, school supplies for kids learning at home)
- Voter Registration and Voter Information
- Blood Donations