Counting Down Our 22 Most Popular Posts Of ’22
We appreciate all the ❤️❤️❤️ we get on Instagram and 2022 was another big year for the North Loop. Our little non-profit is approaching 24,000 followers and we had 32 posts that drew more than 1,000 likes this year.
Here were our top 22 posts in ’22:
22. October 10th: we announce that the building parked along 2nd Avenue for nearly a year would be moving back into place along 1st Street on the 22nd. You can watch time-lapse video of the move here. 1,137 likes.
21. October 14th: Our first snowfall of the season while leaves are still on the trees. And people are…happy about it? Our photos drew 1,151 likes.
20. January 4th: Stalk & Spade announces it will be opening a plant-based fast casual restaurant in the lower level of the newly-renovated Duffey Lofts project. It opened in September. 1,158 likes.
19. December 16th: Who says we don’t appreciate winter? Again we post shots of the neighborhood covered in snow and you respond with 1,188 likes.
18. August 5th: The historic building that used to house Bachelor Farmer is purchased by well-known restaurateurs who plan to convert it into a steakhouse with Argentinian influences. 1,207 likes.
17. October 12th: Work picks up on the next big North Loop transformation: the $171 million overhaul of 2 former paper warehouses connected by this famous skyway plus a brand new building on the lot next to Thr3Jack. 1,220 likes.
16. July 23rd: A photo of people watching Aquatennial fireworks along the North Loop riverfront. 1,255 likes.
15. September 15th: We report that the North Loop is scheduled to get a fully-dedicated left turn lane where Interstate 394 ends at Washington Avenue. 1,297 likes.
14. May 8th: A photo of the new Four Seasons Hotel and RBC Gateway office tower. The state’s first 5-star hotel was just three weeks away from opening. 1,301 likes.
13. March 11th: A photo of 3rd Street covered in snow but with the announcement of an Arbor Day Block Party at that site in April. 1,305 likes.
12. April 1: We report that Sweetgreen was about to remodel the former Moose & Sadie’s space and open a new restaurant in Colonial Warehouse. 1,313 likes.
11. May 11: Before and after photos of the new Duffey Lofts project. 1,509 likes.
10. June 13: A new “tequila-focused restaurant” from restaurateurs Josh Thoma and Kevin Fitzgerald is announced for the building that formerly housed Alliance Française. 1,519 likes.
9. December 16th: Chef David Fhima and family announce the name of their new French brasserie going into the historic building that used to be home to Ribnick Furs. 1,545 likes.
8. March 20th: Photos of people out enjoying temps in the upper 50s after a long winter hibernation. 1,551 likes.
7. October 18th: Sweetgreen officially opens in the Colonial Warehouse. 1,637 likes.
6. March 30th: A rendering of Chef Gavin Kaysen’s latest culinary masterpiece, Mara, which was just a couple months away from opening in the Four Seasons Hotel. 1,734 likes.
5. October 27th: Opening of the wildly-popular Backstory Coffee in the spacious atrium of Duffey Lofts. 1,766 likes.
4. November 10th: MartinPatrick3 manages to outdo itself again with holiday displays, unveiling several windows filled with elaborate Moulin Rouge-themed characters. 1,836 likes.
3. October 1st: The owner of Billy Sushi announces he’s about ready to open his stylish new speakeasy bar, Billy After Dark. 2,195 likes.
2. January 14th: The first time we posted about Billy After Dark, with an arrow pointing to its back alley entrance. 2,244 likes.
1. August 10th: Puttery announces it will build an adults-only indoor mini golf/bar/restaurant at the corner of Washington and Hennepin. (We don’t yet have an opening date. Their website still says “coming soon.”) 2,421 likes.
Thanks for all the love this year!
By Mike Binkley, North Loop volunteer